Sunday, March 8, 2009

Week of March 9 - 15

Monday - Tuna Noodle Casserole with Peas

Tuesday - Creamy Green Chilie Chicken Enchiladas with Rice and Beans

Wednesday - Indian Chicken Curry

Thursday - Orange Beef with Cilantro Rice

Friday - Baked Chicken Parmesan

Saturday - Miso Soup with Springrolls

Sunday - Turkey Meatloaf with Mashed Potatoes

6 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW, sounds like super yummy food Sara! What do you do with leftovers or do you pretty much fix just enough for one meal? Or does it work out so that you and Keenan eat leftovers for lunches?

Roach Momma said...

Most of the meals I make are enough for us to eat dinner and lunch the next day. We usually eat the Orange Beef in one sitting (dinner) and I'll only make enough Miso Soup for one meal unless Keenan needs a lunch the next day. If we have more leftover after dinner and lunch I may save it as a back-up for Keenan's lunch later that week in case we eat out or don't have leftovers. I'm not a leftover fan so if it's more than 3 days old or not enough for a full meal I end up tossing it. Sad, but true.

Unknown said...

I won't eat leftovers by the third day either! But normally, we are good about eating it the next day and Brent takes it to work.

Yia Yia said...

Would you send me the recipe for the miso soup and tell me again where to buy miso?

Roach Momma said...

We found the miso in the refrigerated section at the Asian market. It's a paste and comes in various colors/flavors. The "white" or tan miso is recommended for the soup.

Miso Soup
4 cups water
2 teaspoons Dashi granules (similar to bullion cubes, but Japanese fish stock. Also found at the Asian market)
3 Tablespoons miso paste
1/2 package of silken tofu (silken really is best for the soup, but I've only been able to find it at the Asian market. Otherwise I use the least firm tofu I can find)
green onions, thinly sliced
dried seaweed, rehydrated (you'll be surprised how little you'll need)
dried shitake mushrooms, rehydrated

Combine dashi and water in a saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and add miso paste. Add tofu, onions, seaweed and mushrooms. Simmer gently for a few minutes before serving.

Martha Boykin said...

Why is the turkey meatloaf not place in a small dish instead of a sheet? Do you think that it would cook well in a dish? Just wondering. I am going to try this recipe.