Monday, October 11, 2010

On Hold

Thanks to a lovely case of pneumonia, our menu this week will be on hold along with the grocery shopping to support it. We still have some roll-overs and wonderful friends who have offered meals so I'm hoping that will get us to the end of the week when I should be feeling better.

Until then, feel free to post your menu under the comment section so I can have some ideas when I'm ready :)

4 comments:

In the Mix said...

So, so sorry about your pneumonia. That is the pits. I had some roll overs from my last menu too.

Ham and Cheese casserole with veg

Bierocks

Chicken pesto pizza

Spaghetti with meat balls

Curried Chicken with rice and veg

Quinoa burgers

Potato and sausage soup

Brat hobos

Tomato soup and grilled cheese

Beans and cornbread

Baker's Acres said...

Rob is out of town Wed. thru Fri, so some quick and easy, extra kid-friendly items on my "menu"...

Pulled Pork Sandwiches, pickles, chips, and cottage cheese

Chicken Fingers, Fries, Broccoli w/ Cheese

Macaroni and Cheese (ATK version with breadcrumbs - and I add diced ham), cauliflower

Leftover "Buffet"

Pizza

Chicken Pot Pie (a "Saturday regular" at house in the fall in winter)

"Big Breakfast" - Eggs, Pancakes and Hashbrowns

Roach Momma said...

Thanks so much you two! That will help a ton when the time comes. I still don't see a grocery trip in the near future. Maybe once my sister's here to help.

PS - BA - I've often wondered what you and your "picky" family eat ;) I know you're a great cook and I'm sure no one goes hungry!

Baker's Acres said...

I hope you get to feeling better soon! - and that you're back to full-energy in time to have lots of fun with your sister!

I don't post our menus often because they repeat so much! We really do eat chicken pot pie once a week (except in the heat of the summer), pizza is usually a once-a-week thing too. You throw in leftovers and I only have to come up with 3 or 4 items to finish out the week. =)
Our family is rather picky - so other popular items are grilled cheese and tomato soup (which I believe you opened my eyes to in college), baked beans w/ hot dogs and corn bread, beef stew, tater tot casserole (which I do not really care for, but the rest of my fam. likes), in the summer we actually eat "big salads" a lot - our boys actually eat them too!