2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1-2 cans green chilie enchilada sauce (either Old El Paso or Hatch brand)
8 oz block cream cheese (can use reduced fat)
flour tortillas
shredded cheddar cheese
Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces. Cook over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Season with salt and pepper or cajun seasoning after placing pieces in pan. Once the chicken is done, add cream cheese and 1 can sauce. Cook and stir until cheese is melted and combined with sauce. Fill tortillas with mixture and roll enchilada style. Place in lightly greased 9x13pan. Top enchiladas with remaining sauce mix and/or another can of enchilada sauce (depending how saucy you like them). Top with cheese. Bake at 425 for 10-15 min. or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
3 comments:
These have quickly become a favorite in our house, and the joy is spreading through my family too. My sister is making these this week for her family. Thanks for the recipe.
No problem! I've had so many requests I thought it was about time I put it somewhere I could link to quickly. I can't take all the credit, though. A friend made these for us when Ari was born (not to mention a more exact recipe is on the back of the Old El Paso can). I've just added some slight variations.
Thanks for posting that, can't wait to try it!
Post a Comment